No, it’s not roses.
No, it’s not pink roses.
No, it’s not 24 pink roses...either...
It’s the entire process flow of ‘getting flowers’.
1) It’s the effort of him calling the florist:
- Man: Hello? Get me 2 dozen flowers.
- Florist: What flowers do you want?
- Man: Just get me any flowers. 2 dozen. Oh no, wait a minute. Get me pink roses. (She likes pink)
3) It’s the effort of him driving to her house.
4) It’s the effort of him surprising her with a bouquet of roses at her doorstep.
That’s what a new-age, sensitive, modern, millennium man would do.
That’s what my stranger did =)